Sunday 23 August 2009

Sonic's Shoes Blues

No, this is not a review of the Little Golden Book Sonic's Shoes Blues. Though as a kid I could relate with Sonic's predicament as I too wanted a pair of Sonic shoes.

Since first playing Sonic the Hedgehog I've wanted a pair of bright red and white striped shoes. Of course, SEGA never made an official pair of Sonic shoes, so I'd have to settle for shoes like the ones seen below.


Over the years my interest in finding Sonic-like shoes waned and I passed up "close enough" opportunities like the SOAP Scorchers and red and white Adidas.

Sure, Sonic wore SOAP shoes, but they didn't look anything like these.


Then, today while shopping with my girlfriend I encountered some pretty cool Sonic-like shoes! The Cole Haan Men's Air Granada II come in a nice reddish-brown and feature a beige stripe. While they aren't bright red and white, they have a muted color scheme that suits my age and they were half off. So I picked up a pair and took embarrassing photos of my feet! Enjoy.




Close enough. :)

9 comments:

Animated AF said...

Hey nice, more subtle than bright red which would look a bit silly really. Funny how they're called Grandia II!

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Nah, not close at all!
Sonic wouldn't go formal, he'd probably get lava or fox crap all over them or something.

Barry the Nomad said...

But I'm not Sonic. I'm a person, though I'm NOT Chris Thorndyke, that's for sure.

Supersonic789 said...

I always wished that you could call up Sega and say,"HEY, I WANT YOU TO MAKE ME A PAIR OF SONIC SHOES," or like, "CAN YOU MAKE ME A CUSTOM JACKET OR SOMETHING AND PUT YOUR SEAL OF APPROVAL." Sorta like a custom order thing. If they don't have that, I think it would be a good idea.

Barry the Nomad said...

I'd be all about a Ryo Suzuki jacket.

(white piece of face tape free with purchase)

InkyAndScrappy said...

I am looking for a pair of sonic shoes like the first ones shown. My oldest has to testify in court and insists that sonic shoes will keep him safe from his abuser. Where did you find that pic. I have searched the web over! johnandjaime@clearwire.net

Anonymous said...

if you dont make a review of the book sonics shoes blues you will get Forbidden Pleasures in the Mushroom Kingdom
Forbidden Pleasures in the Mushroom Kingdom II: More Forbidden Pleasures
Forbidden Pleasures in the Mushroom Kingdom III: Even More Forbidden Pleasures.

Anonymous said...

Make a review of the Little Golden Book Sonic's Shoes Blues. NOW.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think a review of that book would be awesome. I wish it was turned into a Golden Book Video though, so it could be on Golden Book Video Killers.